Measuring the Information Society 2013
Principalele concluzii ce se desprind din raportul pe 2013 privind societatea informațională sunt:
- 250 million additional people came online in 2012
- Republic of Korea tops ICT ranking for 3rd year in a row
- By end 2013 40% of the world will be online – but 1.1 billion households – or 4.4 billion people – remain unconnected
- Mobile broadband is now more affordable than fixed broadband
- Almost the whole world is now within reach of mobile cellular service
- 30% of the world’s young population are ‘digital natives’
- Broadband is getting faster; 2Mbps now most popular basic package
The MIS report, which has been published annually since 2009, features key ICT data and benchmarking tools to measure the information society, including the ICT Development Index (IDI).
The IDI captures the level of ICT developments in 157 economies worldwide and compares progress made during the last year.
The MIS 2013 also presents the first comprehensive mobile-broadband price data set for almost 130 economies. It features a new model and data to measure the world’s digital native population – those young people who were born into the digital age – and a quantitative overview of digital TV broadcasting trends.